AddyBaby

AddyBaby

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mom's Worst Day

Today was a sad day. Mom was stressed about school, like I said before, it's useless. But when she got home we went into our room and when Mom got done folding clothes, we were playing on her bed. She doesn't usually let me play up there because she's afraid I'll fall. Well, today she let me. I kept running around the bed and face planting into the pillows and that was fun, then I did it a little too high and hit my forehead on the window sill.

You guys know I'm a tough lady but I screamed. Mom grabbed me up and turned me over and she screamed. My forehead was dented in. She ran me upstairs and Grandpa Twede took me and tried to calm me down while Grandma calmed Mom down. I didn't cry for long, Grandma and Grandpa put some frozen peas on my forehead and I didn't understand it so I kept trying to eat the bag. Soon enough my forehead started to swell and there was no more dent, just a hugeamungous goose egg.

Mom and Dad took me to the doctor just to make sure my brain was working right and it was. I didn't even cry when the doctor pressed on my bruise. I am an awesome kid. Everything is fine, no breaks or nothin'. Dr. T did say that I might get a black eye because of the blood pooling or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention, I was playing with some fairy stickers Kim, the nurse gave me.

People keep telling mom that someday she'll be able to look back and laugh about that incident but I don't think she will.*



*Note from Mom: Addy is doing great, she just has a bump and a bruise. I'm pretty sure I cried more than she did today. I felt so guilty and it's just my luck that the first time I let her play on the bed, something like this would happen. It hurts my heart every time I look at her bruise. I just wanted to say, I'm sorry you got hurt, Addy. I love you so much. We'll play tomorrow a good distance from any window sill and I'll read you an extra book. I love you, sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment